Sometimes it feels as if America is living through an Armageddon movie. We struggle with a destabilized economy, soaring national debt, an overburdened entitlement system, looming tax hikes, widespread unemployment, class warfare, ongoing wars, the threats of global terror and a nuclear Iran, and internal division and scandals, from "Fast and Furious" to the massacre in Benghazi, Libya....
“Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.” "He raised fees to get a birth certificate, which would have been expensive for me." "... she (his grandmother) is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." (for arresting a rabid trouble maker)
With the troubling devastation of Hurricane Sandy on our nation's doorstep -- and so many people in need of food, shelter and emergency services after the storm -- I encourage Americans to reach out to our neighbors and help them through this challenging time.
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago