Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
I would find it difficult to assert that shooting hoops alone for even 50 years can teach a white person a lot about black society. And if a black kid calls you, at 60+, "old man", and praises you for playing like a black person, I would fail to see that as a compliment or an indication we are all the same. Obviously even he knew we are different in a lot of ways, and had no problem with it, so it is odd that you should. Different people have different needs, ideas, cultures, and values. And I am sure you know the old saying "birds of a feather shoot hoops together", and it is too bad you didn't heed it. But I salute you for surviving this long and wish you a happy 80th
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago