American leadership and the absence of the Soviet ambassador resulted in swift passage of Security Council Resolution 84. The measure -- perhaps the last time in history that the U.N. acted with dispatch...
I think Kim Ill Sung and his successors were Made in China. China controlled the north's war in Korea, so they must have installed the current dynasty of Kim Ill's. The dilemna of a war with N. Korea is the same as during the Korean and Vietnam wars, namely that China borders the north of both countries and has rolled in large armies when their allies were losing an all out war. So today this could similarly escalate into a big war with a much larger number of crazy Asian Communists. But there is only so far they can push before they will be pushed back, and when their Made in China dictator starts talk about firing their nukes at the USA, then we will do what we must do.
WASHINGTON -- On Sunday, June 25, 1950, the Korean People's Army attacked across the 38th parallel, captured Seoul -- capital of the Republic of Korea -- and began driving south. The battered South Korean army and their U.S. military advisers quickly were pushed into the "Pusan Perimeter" on the southern tip of the peninsula -- and U.S. President Harry Truman took the case to the United Nations Security Council.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 8 hours ago