American leadership and the absence of the Soviet ambassador resulted in swift passage of Security Council Resolution 84. The measure -- perhaps the last time in history that the U.N. acted with dispatch...
I think Kim Ill Sung and his successors were Made in China. China controlled the north's war in Korea, so they must have installed the current dynasty of Kim Ill's. The dilemna of a war with N. Korea is the same as during the Korean and Vietnam wars, namely that China borders the north of both countries and has rolled in large armies when their allies were losing an all out war. So today this could similarly escalate into a big war with a much larger number of crazy Asian Communists. But there is only so far they can push before they will be pushed back, and when their Made in China dictator starts talk about firing their nukes at the USA, then we will do what we must do.
WASHINGTON -- On Sunday, June 25, 1950, the Korean People's Army attacked across the 38th parallel, captured Seoul -- capital of the Republic of Korea -- and began driving south. The battered South Korean army and their U.S. military advisers quickly were pushed into the "Pusan Perimeter" on the southern tip of the peninsula -- and U.S. President Harry Truman took the case to the United Nations Security Council.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 17 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 56 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 3 hours ago