American leadership and the absence of the Soviet ambassador resulted in swift passage of Security Council Resolution 84. The measure -- perhaps the last time in history that the U.N. acted with dispatch...
I think Kim Ill Sung and his successors were Made in China. China controlled the north's war in Korea, so they must have installed the current dynasty of Kim Ill's. The dilemna of a war with N. Korea is the same as during the Korean and Vietnam wars, namely that China borders the north of both countries and has rolled in large armies when their allies were losing an all out war. So today this could similarly escalate into a big war with a much larger number of crazy Asian Communists. But there is only so far they can push before they will be pushed back, and when their Made in China dictator starts talk about firing their nukes at the USA, then we will do what we must do.
WASHINGTON -- On Sunday, June 25, 1950, the Korean People's Army attacked across the 38th parallel, captured Seoul -- capital of the Republic of Korea -- and began driving south. The battered South Korean army and their U.S. military advisers quickly were pushed into the "Pusan Perimeter" on the southern tip of the peninsula -- and U.S. President Harry Truman took the case to the United Nations Security Council.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago