Moral Clarity at the Border

Chip. Wrote: 26 minutes ago (12:52 AM)
Any takers to this challenge? Anyone notice this all began when the school year ended in late May early June? It will end by September. The kids have to go back to school, and summer break will be over. They might not be getting a hot lunch like many America kids don't get when school is out, during the summer, but they ain't running from war and chaos. They are running to where the grass is growing a little greener. And sometime during a somewhat recent and short day trip across to border to Mexico, just about time the nearby San Onofre nuclear power plant was having equipment failures and had to be shut down, between being notified by my cell phone that I was crossing the border, as I was crossing the border into Mexico, and being irradiated by X-rays while sitting in my car in the border check point, coming back over the border--yes, no one sent me the memo that I needed a passport so I had to prove I was an American and go through the requisite process, -- I noticed the some of the hugsters along the long lines of waiting cars, rolling one of their little compadres down the slope to the cars, in his wheelchair, knowing the tear jerking disabled kid would draw handouts. One small piece of evidence, among many larger pieces, which showed Latin Americans are not stupid. So now there is proof. First hand. We should be getting a little tired of being manipulated and used.

Moral Clarity at the Border

Chip. Wrote: 26 minutes ago (12:52 AM)
It is interesting to note that Rodgers was lashing out against accepting the fact that he had his problems, and viewing them incorrectly as a racial issue, rather than his own personal issues, and I suspect he may have been encouraged to do both, by the mental health people he must have been seeing, and by the political PC climate we live in. There was a clip on news showing what appeared to be an RA (student housing room assistant) who suspected he was the only one who tried to reach out to him, which indicates everyone around him knew but no one bothered. Not that his particular race or mixture matters because every group has it's some of it's own distinct pathologies, but his is a type of wimpy Asian male with a flippant irreverence, not uncommon to college campuses, and people like this can quite wearing on a person. It is much better for them to be in school or busy at work trying to get things done, than basically doing nothing with their lives like this Elliot here. They need to fully understand what freaks they truly are, so they can fix themselves. I also suspect his father didn't do much for him on a personal level. He should have said this kid was his responsibility but that's not what he said at all.

The Monsters We’re Making

Chip. Wrote: May 30, 2014 3:06 AM
There was a clip on news showing what appeared to be an RA (student housing room assistant) who suspected he was the only one who tried to reach out to him, which indicates everyone around him knew but no one bothered. Not that it matters much, because every group has it's own types of pathologies, but Rogers personality was more of an Asian type of flippant irreverence not uncommon to college campuses, and people like this can quite wearing on a person, but it's better for them to be in school or busy at work trying to get things done, than basically doing nothing with their lives like this Elliot here. They need to fully understand somehow what freaks they truly are, and deal with it. I also suspect his father didn't do much for him on a personal level. He should have said this kid was his responsibility but that's not what he said at all. Can't think of anything else to add.

What was D-Day?

Chip. Wrote: May 30, 2014 2:39 AM
The Soviet Union by it's menacing existence helped to create WWII. The Kaiser set up Lennin in Russia and created the USSR, in a hope of winning WWI. WWI started because of diplomatic incompetence which soon became opportunistic vindictiveness. And because of German nationalism, which was creation of those who sought to use grandeous ideas of a nationhood comprised of different duchies and dukedoms, and manufactured wars, such as with Napoleon III, to create a lot of hot empty air to blow a lot of horns with. I don't like the idea of total war. Wars did not used to be like that. They were fought by professionals while most others could just carry on with their lives and and as armies passed by you didn't have so much widespread destruction. Now its seems like soldiers are recent civvis and everyone is a participant and/or a victim. But we gotta do what we gotta do. So I hope Hanson's right, in that there won't be another group of people who could have pulled off another D-Day. If another good war must be fought, let us hope it's scale will be more limited and to the point. And that people aren't so full of strange ideas, strange politics, and so diplomatically incompetent.

Europe Remains Europe, More's The Pity

Chip. Wrote: May 29, 2014 3:31 AM
Maybe I just don't get it, but this column is a big enchilada of knee jerk comments. I suspect "more's the pity" means "I hate Europe", and I don't know about that. I mean, from an American point of view, that makes sense, because Europe was not good enough and that's we we all came here, but one should not be that harsh in this day and age. And for one thing, if the radicals here in America ever realized their wish to "fundamentally transform America", and I became unwelcome because of my typical American beliefs, I would still love the country I came from and still remember and recognize its greatness. Few but the Russians would argue that a nationality of people could be better governed by foreigners living in a foreign country, so the Europeans finally understand that and that is good news. But they do have too much of a hang up with their own various ethnic groups and political structures. They also get the fact that they are a liability to themselves, but they don't seem to know why. Europe was always a relatively peaceful and highly civilized place as long as civilized monarchs were there to tell the peasants what to do. What Americans always knew, and European peasants always used to know, but these modern day Darwinist, pagan, socialist European peasants still haven't figured out, is that Christianity was what kept Europe relatively peaceful and civilized. Their emphasis is too much on their various ethnic groups and political structures, too little on their mother religion, led to this. As for Marine La Pen's positive comments about Putin, or mentioning the non-aggression pact between Germany and the USSR, as signalling danger, without further clarification to explain further, this by itself would only show that people need to get more used to the fact that any country will form an alliance with another country when there is a compelling need, and one shouldn't read too deep into that. The US was allied with the USSR from late '41 till the end of the war, then went back to the Cold War immediately after this, and this is also why FDR referred to Stalin positively, as "Uncle Joe". These were viewed as positive things by the free world as they should have been.

Europe Remains Europe, More's The Pity

Chip. Wrote: May 29, 2014 3:31 AM
The one thing this column does not make clear enough is whether the menu at the Sidwell Friends school complies with the lunch standards lobbied for by Michelle Obama, or does not comply. So I have no way of knowing whether the chefs at the school are just preparing food that sounds richer due to more expensive ingredients and preparation, or whether the food itself does not comply. There is quite a big difference between the two possibilities here.

White Privilege

Chip. Wrote: May 28, 2014 1:07 AM
Given the prominence television has in our lives, it would seem the only way to teach modern day white people how to not feel guilt about themselves is to allow television broadcasters to portray minorities and radical left wing types in the same manner of caricatures, with subtle and overt negative innuendos that television applies to white people. And it's not just white guilt that is being taught. It is also minority vindictiveness against imaginary wrongs. Such new broadcasting would be a lot more true and representative of reality, in my view, given the better character of white people in terms of their better ability to function as productive and law abiding citizens, and the fact their Christian benevolence uplifted minorities in this country. It would be a much needed cold slap in the face. Alas, and perhaps thankfully so, our society is too polite to do this, unless it is to white people, that is. The natural consequence of a creating a more just society is not the eventual creation of an enforced multiracial society, and certainly not of a anti-white society, but rather the fact that minorities can have the same legal rights as anyone else, and no more. This means they may still suffer certain disadvantages wherever they remain minorities, such as those suffered by crows who cannot swim with penguins or hummingbirds that cannot fly with albatrosses, but no one should ever try to pass a law that says birds of a feather shall not flock together, or that all birds of any feather shall flock together. There is another principle in American law and society, and that is to leave a free people alone.