As we mourn the death of Trayvon Martin, we should take the time to remember another 17-year-old black youth murdered just four years ago. On March 2, 2008, high school senior Jamiel Shaw was gunned down in Los Angeles. According to police, Shaw was walking home when two men he had never met jumped out of a car and one shot him. A talented football player, Shaw had scholarship offers from Stanford University and Rutgers. The man who shot him was Petro Espinoza, an illegal immigrant and member of a gang with a history of extensive violence against African Americans. According...
This would not be quite the stink it is if not for the Florida "Stand your Ground" law. Like it or not, it is what it is, and is why we're hearing this news daily. Had Zimmerman been incarcerated and held as happens to most people that shoot someone, and later whether proven innocent or guilty, we'd probably not heard one word. But the family threw a FIT because the Law was being upheld, and George was released, COMPLETELY Legal considering the circumstances of the related law. THEN!! yes THEN the Media got ahold of this debacle and with the little bit of "it's a Hate Crime on a black man" fuel, they poured barrels of gas all over this and started tossing on the matches of racism, even lying and editing audio to suit their needs.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago