Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
"Yes, Republicans were ambivalent about effectively running the war in Iraq. Most important to them was their precious tax cut. " Which every Democrat in Congress just voted to make permanent. Iraq was about changing the mindset of a 7th century thinking model to one of the 20th century. That does NOT come overnight. Not every American always had money deducted from their paychecks. That was done on a voluntary basis. You are creating a strawman by manipulating things that did NOT happen.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago