Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
"Yes, Republicans were ambivalent about effectively running the war in Iraq. Most important to them was their precious tax cut. " Which every Democrat in Congress just voted to make permanent. Iraq was about changing the mindset of a 7th century thinking model to one of the 20th century. That does NOT come overnight. Not every American always had money deducted from their paychecks. That was done on a voluntary basis. You are creating a strawman by manipulating things that did NOT happen.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago