Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
"Yes, Republicans were ambivalent about effectively running the war in Iraq. Most important to them was their precious tax cut. " Which every Democrat in Congress just voted to make permanent. Iraq was about changing the mindset of a 7th century thinking model to one of the 20th century. That does NOT come overnight. Not every American always had money deducted from their paychecks. That was done on a voluntary basis. You are creating a strawman by manipulating things that did NOT happen.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago