As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Silly people, all of you talking about what the Republicans can do to avert this. You're all just cute in your naivete. This is already a done deal, Reid's just floating the idea because he knows the ONLY thing Republicans can do is what Guy stated above. And THEN he'll use that to paint the reason why we need "reform". And the brain dead that voted for these people will SCREAM FOR JUSTICE FROM THE OPPRESSIVE REPUBLICAN PARTY! There is only one thing to do, folks, because THIS is what is called a coup d'etat. Lock n load folks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 14 hours ago