The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
The UN-what a cesspool of corruption and a waste of Oxygen. An expensive way to have tinpot dictators, with their hands on their hips, lecture democracies on what they should change and how much more $ they should give them. Time to flush it. It is also is a dangerous forum for globalists.
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago