A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
This is not going to end happily. I see the signs every day. Us investors taking money out of the US, international investors, at least private equity and corporate investors, are stating an "anywhere but the US" strategy. Hasn't moved to gov't bonds yet because of liquidity, reserve currency status of the $ and disarray in Europe, but the signs are not good. The clock is ticking.
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago