I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
C'mon man. I agree with your Bush tax points. The biggest problem I have with that era was the explosion of easy credit. Part of that was deliberate easing of the Fed too late in the cycle, part from a nutty Dem party foisting stupid mtge rules through Freddie and Fannie, part was regulatory, esp Cox at the SEC allowing more leverage on balance sheets to purchase highly leveraged financial instruments and part cultural...Americans loading up on debt for current consumption.'
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago