Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
But the article and thread are about the Saudi tracking system. If it was a different article, most of us would have correspondingly different comments. Most of us also see the dissonance between the left's shrill tone wrt identity politics in the US and the devastating treatment of those same groups elsewhere. Analogous to certain women's groups in some areas ie any conservative versus their unwavering support of Bubba, Ted Kennedy, et al.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago