Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
But the article and thread are about the Saudi tracking system. If it was a different article, most of us would have correspondingly different comments. Most of us also see the dissonance between the left's shrill tone wrt identity politics in the US and the devastating treatment of those same groups elsewhere. Analogous to certain women's groups in some areas ie any conservative versus their unwavering support of Bubba, Ted Kennedy, et al.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago