Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
But the article and thread are about the Saudi tracking system. If it was a different article, most of us would have correspondingly different comments. Most of us also see the dissonance between the left's shrill tone wrt identity politics in the US and the devastating treatment of those same groups elsewhere. Analogous to certain women's groups in some areas ie any conservative versus their unwavering support of Bubba, Ted Kennedy, et al.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago