It's budget week in America, and for the first time in four years, both houses of Congress will respect the law and produce a blueprint for the coming fiscal year. The release of the president's budget, which was due by statute on February 4, has been delayed for a second time until April 8. Senate Democrats will finally unveil their plan on Wednesday, with a single day mark-up planned for Thursday. Sen. Jeff Sessions, the ranking Republican on his chamber's budget committee, says he fears Harry Reid and Patty Murray's caucus will introduce a budget that raises taxes by...
In response to:
Every week, the House should pass a bill that explicitly cancels some aspect of wasteful spending or some idiotic program. Every week. Put the pressure on in a way that no right thinking person would object.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago