This year, most people have been focused on the Romney vs. Obama race, but there is also a battle going on for control of the Senate. The Senate is currently comprised of 47 Republicans, 51 Democrats and 2 liberal independents. That means the GOP would need to capture 4 seats for a takeover. Although that may sound like a heavy lift, keep in mind that this year there are only 10 Republicans up for reelection while 23 Democrats/liberal independents have to defend their seats. When you have that kind of spread, big gains are very possible. Will they materialize this...
AKIN for Senate! 1: He STOOD - he didn't back down-criticized, ridiculed, condemned, threatened, even his own party turned their back against him, holding back funding from him. He still stood & shows he has backbone unlike who we have in office now! 2: YES, he misspoke! Tho’ "some" are given a pass when they make a gaffe (swept under rug) such as Obama OR Joe Bidens gaffes- all down played!! 3: Yes-“legitimate” wrong word – perhaps ‘violent’ or ‘brutal‘regarding rape victim unable to get pregnant....could have recalled 1999 medical journey, such as: http://trenchpress.com/?p=17517 ?Claire has told her constituents “Don't make me use my Mommy voice” as SHE knows what's best for us uneducated fools! So much for tolerance /empathy!
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago