I lived 21 years in Illinois. The street I lived on has not been repaved since this house I still own was built in 1959. The taxes on that 1,100 sq. foot home on a smallish lot on that crappy street are double what they are on my 3,000 sq. foot home on 27 acres in a development where at least 5 acres are required in NC. Illinois. All those taxes plus crappy weather. What a deal. See what you get when you let those dead people vote?
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 18 mins ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago