The New York Times Gets Life Support

cher15 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 8:47 AM
Tell Hubby if he stops his insanity, every Christmas Santa will bring him the paperback version of the crosswords....maybe they put one out monthly, I do know there is a paperback version out there. I am sure the Times makes $$$ on the crossword books as well, but at least it will not be encouraging that lying, liberal, editorial behavior that is so beneficial to our blood pressure..

Dire State of Affairs in Illinois

cher15 Wrote: Oct 27, 2012 9:07 AM
I lived 21 years in Illinois. The street I lived on has not been repaved since this house I still own was built in 1959. The taxes on that 1,100 sq. foot home on a smallish lot on that crappy street are double what they are on my 3,000 sq. foot home on 27 acres in a development where at least 5 acres are required in NC. Illinois. All those taxes plus crappy weather. What a deal. See what you get when you let those dead people vote?
The school district with one of the worst statistics, and right up there with the highest salaries, decides to wait until the school year starts to strike. BUT they are only thinking of the students. Does ANYONE believe that? Anyone? I was in Chicago and actually saw some of these chest beating, red t-shirted, tatooed, over paid spoiled brats stomping around and just wonder what their students think. Are those the actual teachers or did the unions hire an ACORN type Rent a Mob? They actually look better on TV. I am old enough to remember when teachers demanded respect and actually worried about losing it.
I watched that puff piece on CNN lat night and yes. That is EXACTLY what he plans to do. A dictatorship is in the mail folks.
The population of America; It is like the prideful teenage girl admitting to her parents that they were right. That guy who hangs out with gang members, wrecked her car, burned his home for insurance and has an extensive rap sheet really is not her best choice. Normally common sense comes with maturity before the fascinating and attractive "bad boy" takes over her whole life. She had four years and the eye glaze is diminishing only slightly, She still fiercly defends him. The wedding date is in November, the invitations sent and her friends (the press who introduced them) is careful in hiding his flaws and busy trashing a fine young man who wants to court her.

Why Obama Will Lose in a Landslide

cher15 Wrote: Aug 21, 2012 8:30 AM
Obama is not Carter. Carter did not have the Chicago machine behind him. Carter was basically an honest man. Carter played by the rules. Carter did not have these 24 hour schmoozy news loops body kissing him all over. Carter was not black, thus we culd be honestly critical instead of being accused of all these supposed "racist code words". We could have a Reagan bumper sticker on our car without worrying about having the paint scratched. Need I go on? Oh yeah, Romney has his strengths, but Romney is not Reagan.

Our Idiot Vice President

cher15 Wrote: Aug 19, 2012 8:35 AM
Ditto me too. Lived 21 years with plugged ears and mind in Illinois and did not even KNOW a Republican. Took another 40 to wash the blue off me. (I voted for Jimmy Carter TWICE) algore (who I voted for) and his constant, embarrassment of whining that he had won turned me hard right. I came to the "light side" I ask my husband frequently what he was THINKING by marrying an Illinois Democrat that just spouted my own matra never listening to reason. Mocking common sense. Alas my family that is still a big nest of Democrats are still back in Nutland, keeping all the dead relatives voting every election. I am working on them however, and I see cracks in their armor.

Our Idiot Vice President

cher15 Wrote: Aug 19, 2012 8:19 AM
I also would like to know what is in those spectacular Obama budgets that have been voted down with nary a vote.

Our Idiot Vice President

cher15 Wrote: Aug 19, 2012 8:09 AM
My personal favorite, probably because I am Joe's age, is when he reared back, glazes over as he blabs of watching Franklin Roosevelt speaking on TV. It would be the same as a Generation Xer blabbing about following President Kennedy on twitter. Oh yeah, that was a Katie Couric interview as well & she did not call him on it. How about eating regularly at some restaurant that had been closed decades? How about the fact he actually BRAGGED he and his PHD wife are so crappy with money he is the poorest US Senator? It is not because he donates either. According to tax records, this "regular church attendee's" donations come to about $2.50 a week. I think the only time he goes to church is Ash Wednesday so he can do photo ops all day.

Klein: Hillary Turned Down Veep Spot

cher15 Wrote: Aug 17, 2012 9:25 AM
Four years ago it was Hope and Change. Now it is President Hype and his gabby little buddy Vice President Chains.
I dont't care which half they say is incompetent...just if they were even 25% honest for ONCE!