It's been a rough few weeks for Wal-Mart. As you may or may not have heard, the retail giant hit a bump, facing a DOJ bribery probe for allegedly violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act while attempting to expand in Mexico. The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or FCPA, criminalizes bribery of foreign governments by corporations in the United States. Wal-Mart stands accused of greasing the palms of Mexican government officials to the tune of $24 million, then turning around and attempting to stymie an internal investigation into the matter. Now the Mexican federal comptroller is reviewing the permits that Wal-Mart...
In response to:
Unions have been unsucessful in organizing WalMart for decades. Democrat politicians are union allies and will relentlesly find ways to punish WalMart for being sucessful and "free"
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago