When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
First of you have to define multiculturalism as you are meaning it. To me it is that everyone is different so we live with it. I do not always allow for another society's ethos to be equal to mine. Honor killings and vaginal mutilation as well as child brides I find abhorrent and unacceptable. While the writer mentioned the arrest of a coptic Christian here he does not mention another cultural problem in Egypt and that is the crucifixion of Coptic Christians in Egypt. It is ongoing and has been going on before the video made news. Germany and France have both noticed that multicultaralism have been detrimental to their societies and are trying to take steps to reverse that trend.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago