When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
First of you have to define multiculturalism as you are meaning it. To me it is that everyone is different so we live with it. I do not always allow for another society's ethos to be equal to mine. Honor killings and vaginal mutilation as well as child brides I find abhorrent and unacceptable. While the writer mentioned the arrest of a coptic Christian here he does not mention another cultural problem in Egypt and that is the crucifixion of Coptic Christians in Egypt. It is ongoing and has been going on before the video made news. Germany and France have both noticed that multicultaralism have been detrimental to their societies and are trying to take steps to reverse that trend.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago