When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
First of you have to define multiculturalism as you are meaning it. To me it is that everyone is different so we live with it. I do not always allow for another society's ethos to be equal to mine. Honor killings and vaginal mutilation as well as child brides I find abhorrent and unacceptable. While the writer mentioned the arrest of a coptic Christian here he does not mention another cultural problem in Egypt and that is the crucifixion of Coptic Christians in Egypt. It is ongoing and has been going on before the video made news. Germany and France have both noticed that multicultaralism have been detrimental to their societies and are trying to take steps to reverse that trend.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago