Last night, Sen. Rand Paul repeatedly stated that two courses of action could have put an end to his filibuster over the administration's drone policies. First, the White House could have released a simple, unambiguous statement making clear that the hypothetical practice of the federal government using drone strikes to kill non-combatant US citizens on US soil is unconstitutional. Second, the Senate could vote on a non-binding "sense of the Senate" resolution making that point. The White House's response, hour after hour? Radio silence. Senate Democrats -- who do the president's bidding -- blocked a vote on the resolution. So the filibuster...
He is a (d)ouche - he was then, he is now.......
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago