After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
Finally, machine gun like semi auto military look alike were orphaned and hardly sold until the bans came into effect. 1985 you could buy a real M16 select fire (Semi and Full automatic) for the same price as a AR15 semi auto only. Now, in 2012 a real M16 is around $20,000 putting it out of reach of the common man. In 1989 the price of semi auto military look alike doubled overnight and became items of desire. Like any prohibition, it will only make them more attractive. There is only one thing that would make a difference is a complete ban on all guns and a house to house search and confiscation of guns and ammunition. To keep the police safe the raids would begin after midnight and all participants in the house should be restrained
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago