After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
There are some miss understanding about full auto weapons. You pay a transfer tax of $200 plus send in a Form that the local law enforcement official signs and a pair of finger print cards that the FBI will verify you are legal to own a weapon. It takes 6 months or so for the approval and transfer to take place. Full Automatic weapons were first registered Dec 19th, 1934 and no newly manufactured transferable full auto's can be sold to private individuals went into effect May 1986. This caps the number of transferables to 250,000 or so. Currently 38 states allow ownership.
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 14 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago