After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
There are some miss understanding about full auto weapons. You pay a transfer tax of $200 plus send in a Form that the local law enforcement official signs and a pair of finger print cards that the FBI will verify you are legal to own a weapon. It takes 6 months or so for the approval and transfer to take place. Full Automatic weapons were first registered Dec 19th, 1934 and no newly manufactured transferable full auto's can be sold to private individuals went into effect May 1986. This caps the number of transferables to 250,000 or so. Currently 38 states allow ownership.
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago