When the spark strikes a powder keg of ethnic, sectarian and nationalist conflict, the tragic answer is yes. This week marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the First Balkan War (October 1912 to May 1913). It was the second in a series of three wars that led to the great and not quite...
Fascinating conspiracy theory with little to no solid evidence. Not only that, but Bush was in office just under 7 months in 9/11 occurred and, in fact, openly declared, months before 9/11, that he wanted to switch the policy about al Qaeda from "containment" to rolling them back. Big difference. It may be just me, but the tone of your posts seems to suggest that you see black helicopters and nefarious "jack-booted thugs" outside your house a lot, don't you?
Montenegro's Oct. 8, 1912, declaration of war on the Ottoman Turkish Empire and its Oct. 9 attack on neighboring Albania, an Ottoman protectorate, stunned Europe. Montenegro, a military midget, attacking Albania, another poor and backwater Balkan nowhere? Can a tiny statelet like Montenegro spark great havoc?
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago