When the spark strikes a powder keg of ethnic, sectarian and nationalist conflict, the tragic answer is yes. This week marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the First Balkan War (October 1912 to May 1913). It was the second in a series of three wars that led to the great and not quite...
Fascinating conspiracy theory with little to no solid evidence. Not only that, but Bush was in office just under 7 months in 9/11 occurred and, in fact, openly declared, months before 9/11, that he wanted to switch the policy about al Qaeda from "containment" to rolling them back. Big difference. It may be just me, but the tone of your posts seems to suggest that you see black helicopters and nefarious "jack-booted thugs" outside your house a lot, don't you?
Montenegro's Oct. 8, 1912, declaration of war on the Ottoman Turkish Empire and its Oct. 9 attack on neighboring Albania, an Ottoman protectorate, stunned Europe. Montenegro, a military midget, attacking Albania, another poor and backwater Balkan nowhere? Can a tiny statelet like Montenegro spark great havoc?
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 12 hours ago