When the spark strikes a powder keg of ethnic, sectarian and nationalist conflict, the tragic answer is yes. This week marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the First Balkan War (October 1912 to May 1913). It was the second in a series of three wars that led to the great and not quite...
Fascinating conspiracy theory with little to no solid evidence. Not only that, but Bush was in office just under 7 months in 9/11 occurred and, in fact, openly declared, months before 9/11, that he wanted to switch the policy about al Qaeda from "containment" to rolling them back. Big difference. It may be just me, but the tone of your posts seems to suggest that you see black helicopters and nefarious "jack-booted thugs" outside your house a lot, don't you?
Montenegro's Oct. 8, 1912, declaration of war on the Ottoman Turkish Empire and its Oct. 9 attack on neighboring Albania, an Ottoman protectorate, stunned Europe. Montenegro, a military midget, attacking Albania, another poor and backwater Balkan nowhere? Can a tiny statelet like Montenegro spark great havoc?
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago