There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
I worked at the post office for a year, without a union it could cut its work force in half and never miss a beat. Under union rules each worker is assigned to a specific area and not supposed to come to the aid of other workers in other areas. I've seen workers in one area sitting on their butts while workers in other areas (usually the temps) are covered up, union rules won't let employees cross over to help out. Postal supervisors have virtually no control over the union employees, nepotism is rampant and sexual harassment common. I've worked at many places over the last 60 years and the post office is the most out of control, disorganized, wasteful outfit I've ever seen.
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago