There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
I worked at the post office for a year, without a union it could cut its work force in half and never miss a beat. Under union rules each worker is assigned to a specific area and not supposed to come to the aid of other workers in other areas. I've seen workers in one area sitting on their butts while workers in other areas (usually the temps) are covered up, union rules won't let employees cross over to help out. Postal supervisors have virtually no control over the union employees, nepotism is rampant and sexual harassment common. I've worked at many places over the last 60 years and the post office is the most out of control, disorganized, wasteful outfit I've ever seen.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago