There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
There is a simple cure for the post office dilemma. In private business an employee loses his company insurance after turning 65, he is then forced to be on medicare. Not so with the post office, they continue on with their Blue Cross with medicare as a supplement. They need to be forced on to medicare (obamacare) like the rest of us, saving millions of dollars a year.
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 4 hours ago