What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 12 hours ago