My first Republican vote, absentee-cast in Tokyo in 1952, was for Ike and every one since has been Republican. My next vote will NOT be Republican, but will be for any 3d party that even pretends to be conservative and/or constitutional. The babble about a vote for a 3d party being a vote for the Demonrats is meaningless. Our two-party system is a 1.0001 party system.
The very quotable British novelist Samuel Butler observed that, “Self-preservation is the first law of nature.” Reports coming from Washington seem to show that this instinct is increasingly demonstrated in a very short-sighted set of actions by institutional Republicans in light of recent successes where grassroots held their elected representatives’ feet to the fire; a fire fueled by the party platform.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago