After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
The USA borrows that 46 cents from the hated rich and the hated bankers and despised furriners and redistributes it to LB Johnson's " fellow Merkins" (If you want a laugh go look up "merkins" in an unabridged dictionary). Some day in the not too distant future, the USSA will declare that it is "unfair" to tax Merkins to pay back debt for something that is gone We know it has not been converted to shovel ready infrastructure such as roads and bridges, so it is gone. The good ol' USA will then declare that in "fairness" to our unemployed and underemployed, we will not pay the debt. Or, we will just print enough million dollar bills with which to pay off the outstanding debt. Then, who will have egg on their face?
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 43 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 4 hours ago