After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
The USA borrows that 46 cents from the hated rich and the hated bankers and despised furriners and redistributes it to LB Johnson's " fellow Merkins" (If you want a laugh go look up "merkins" in an unabridged dictionary). Some day in the not too distant future, the USSA will declare that it is "unfair" to tax Merkins to pay back debt for something that is gone We know it has not been converted to shovel ready infrastructure such as roads and bridges, so it is gone. The good ol' USA will then declare that in "fairness" to our unemployed and underemployed, we will not pay the debt. Or, we will just print enough million dollar bills with which to pay off the outstanding debt. Then, who will have egg on their face?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 6 hours ago