What's Behind Hatred of Obama?

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 7:48 AM
I'm not so sure if it's hatred of Obama, or hatred of elites in general. This includes the Washington elites, media types, academics, Hollywood, etc. etc. They all want to tell us how to live our lives while making themselves fat and happy at the expense of the peasants. The internet has made it easier for the little people to see what is really going on, and many of us hate what we see.

The Feds' War on ... Buckyballs!

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 7:23 AM
Clearly the makers of Buckyballs didn't donate enough money to the Obama campaign.

Myths We Live By

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 7:15 AM
Getting free goodies from the government is a powerful aphrodisiac, and giving them out keeps the corrupt government in power. Now nearly 50% of Americans are getting more loot from the labor of others than they pay in taxes. Obama wants to increase that number, and if he's re-elected he will surely do so. Getting people to forgo some of their freebies for the good of the country will be a difficult task indeed. I am not optimistic.

In the Long Run, Is the GOP Dead?

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 27, 2012 9:24 AM
Nearly 50% of the people in the country receive more from the government than they pay in. This is an all but insurmountable problem because they takers are voting in their self interests. Somehow the argument must be made that people need to stand on their own feet and not depend on others for their existence. This is an almost impossible argument to make successfully. Greece, here we come.

Should You Rob a Bank?

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 27, 2012 9:05 AM
Someone needs to notify the potential bank robbers they can do much better collecting welfare. unemployment, food stamps, and subsidized housing in the U.S. That might put an end to robberies.

The End of the American Economy

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 25, 2012 8:43 PM
Obama's vision seems to be winning. Nearly 50% of the population is now dependent on the central government to some degree. As they are finding in Europe, once on the government tit, it is hard if not impossible to be weened.
I had planned to wait until I turned 65 to begin collecting SS, but the mess going on the the economy made me decide to start taking it at 63.5. There is too much economic uncertainty for me to be comfortable putting things off even though I fully realized the sacrifice I was making. This was something I felt comfortable with, which has always been an important factor in my financial decisions. I think comfort is a big factor in the investment decisions of most people.
I've seen several stories in today's news about increased gun sales in at least a dozen locations across the country. Why doesn't this make the gun control idiots scratch their heads? And why won't we hear about increased sales on the 6:00 news to balance out the constant litany of anti-gun whiners?

Brian Ross' Brain Cramp

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 25, 2012 8:07 PM
I'd be willing to be the Tea Party roster was the first place he looked for the name. When he found what he hoped to find, he ran with the story. If he had bothered to even check the phone book he would have for there were 12 or more people with the same names. Ross showed he was both extremely biased and a very poor journalist.

America, the Law-crazed

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 25, 2012 8:00 PM
The more laws there are, the more laws the average citizen breaks, no matter how hard he tries not to. When everyone is a lawbreaker, overall respect for the law declines. In the long run this may be more harmful to society than stupidly enforcing stupid laws.

The Final Step

Charles Kirtley Wrote: Jul 24, 2012 8:55 AM
The thing I don't understand is how the left can want the things Williams describes in his excellent piece when they've never work anytime or anywhere they've been tried before.