If we go by the polls of the most important issues identified by Americans, we find job creation at the top of the list, so we'll use that as our measure in today's post. Here, we'll use the BLS' monthly survey of business establishments in the U.S. to count the number of...
In response to:
i think that the GOP question should be are you better off now than you were 5 years ago. lookiing at unemployment history around july 2008 the economy started to tank around the time obama was a serious DNC candidate, 4 years ago would place this in a bad economy situation and the democrats could say yes, the unemployment rate under bush was decreasing except for 2001, 2002 due to 911 and summer 2008. suspect industry was laying off people around July 2008 in preparation of a business unfriendly government;
Are Americans better off than they were four years ago?" The various responses that Democratic Party politicians offered to that question dominated the political news headlines this past Labor Day weekend, so we thought we'd take a stab at answering the question today.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014