If we go by the polls of the most important issues identified by Americans, we find job creation at the top of the list, so we'll use that as our measure in today's post. Here, we'll use the BLS' monthly survey of business establishments in the U.S. to count the number of...
In response to:
i think that the GOP question should be are you better off now than you were 5 years ago. lookiing at unemployment history around july 2008 the economy started to tank around the time obama was a serious DNC candidate, 4 years ago would place this in a bad economy situation and the democrats could say yes, the unemployment rate under bush was decreasing except for 2001, 2002 due to 911 and summer 2008. suspect industry was laying off people around July 2008 in preparation of a business unfriendly government;
Are Americans better off than they were four years ago?" The various responses that Democratic Party politicians offered to that question dominated the political news headlines this past Labor Day weekend, so we thought we'd take a stab at answering the question today.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 24 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago