Many of the groups pushing this view have also been in the forefront of the anti-immigration movement -- NumbersUSA, Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) and Negative Population Growth (NPG). They don't like immigrants -- even legal ones -- because immigrants, especially Hispanic immigrants,...
I have a hard time going over five years of the historical record, if I had to go over five thousand years of it, I have a feeling that I would have to skip or gloss over quite a bit of it. The statement "As nations advance and generate more economic opportunity, birthrates decline." is laughable in any case. History is chock-full of references to birth rates climbing as the level of civilization rises, thus providing specialized services that a more primitive culture cannot develop or afford, much less offer. It's amazing how much most of the west has lost any connection with its own history. I blame the public school system, here in the US...
The old adage "be careful what you wish for" is an apt reminder in light of this week's news that the U.S. birthrate has dropped to its lowest level on record. For years, population hysterics have tried to convince Americans to aim not just for zero population growth in the U.S. but its complete reversal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago