For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
First let me say, I don't think any KKK organization is interested in destroying black people. I think the KKK as a general classification of people firmly believes black people naturally do enough harm to destroy themselves. The KKK point of view is celebrating the value of segregation and isolation of whites from blacks, which from reading Walter Williams's column, is not a bad idea. Unfortunately along with segregation, black people hurt themselves, so there is a humane downside to segregation. When black people finally decide they have had enough of the "black culture" and can quit blaming white people for their problems, improvement is possible. Meanwhile, like it or not, segregation is an attractive and meaningful alternative.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago