One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
But foozie has either a comprehension or a reading problem.
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago