One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
But foozie has either a comprehension or a reading problem.
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 4 hours ago