What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Female nurses and medics perform exemplary work and have for decades. Male medics and nurses also perform very very well and yet differently. Those who are attempting to deny our basic natures, and gifts, are truly fools and likely worse. Hubris linked with ideology are deadly to people and ultimately nations.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago