What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Female nurses and medics perform exemplary work and have for decades. Male medics and nurses also perform very very well and yet differently. Those who are attempting to deny our basic natures, and gifts, are truly fools and likely worse. Hubris linked with ideology are deadly to people and ultimately nations.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago