What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Female nurses and medics perform exemplary work and have for decades. Male medics and nurses also perform very very well and yet differently. Those who are attempting to deny our basic natures, and gifts, are truly fools and likely worse. Hubris linked with ideology are deadly to people and ultimately nations.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 52 minutes ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 3 hours ago