What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Female nurses and medics perform exemplary work and have for decades. Male medics and nurses also perform very very well and yet differently. Those who are attempting to deny our basic natures, and gifts, are truly fools and likely worse. Hubris linked with ideology are deadly to people and ultimately nations.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago