Isn't forensic character assination fun?! You were not there. You know nothing about life in those days. While we may not agree with many common practices of that day to attempt to disqualify someone predicated on a practice which we deem wrong today is historical preening. Want an example? What will future generations think about our obsession with killing children in the womb - and even worse with "partial birth" abortion? They will abhor our day as much as you attempt to heap opprobrium on the Founders. Feel smug now?
Before Thomas Jefferson took office as the third President of the United States, he spent five years as America’s Minister (ambassador) to France. From this perspective, Jefferson wrote of the pervasive civil immaturity among the citizens of Europe. In his missive to fellow Declaration of Independence signer George Wythe, Jefferson noted Europe's shameful comparison to the culture of freedom and rugged individualism that was flourishing in the New World.
“If all the...
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 34 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago