It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
The concept of the modern American farmer is so skewed that it's going to cause what is left of family farms to give up in favor of collective megafarms. The belief that there are really no small family farms left only huge farms that employ hundreds of workers is crazy. I heard someone say this very thing on Fox News one day. That there are no family farms anymore, only large farms with farm managers. What!!! We live in Texas but own farmland in Kansas. We have two families that farm our land. I can tell you that they are not getting paid to not farm. We grow wheat, milo and soybeans. The past couple years we have taken it on the chin as the result of the drought. Even with crop insurance, we are receiving little to sustain us.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago