California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.
A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.
With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago