On April 30th in 1789, at Federal Hall in New York City, George Washington took the oath of office to become the first president of the United States. He took that oath amidst a widespread surge of popularity and consensual respect that has yet to be replicated in any subsequent presidential election in this country. For two terms, Washington was able to govern, and govern well, because even before he won the election as president of the United States, through his deeds, Washington had won the respect and trust of all of colonial America. If measured against...
Obama's energy policies which raise prices, what a genius! we were told back in 2008 that he's the smartest President ever.
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 4 hours ago