Hardcore environmentalists tend to take umbrage with most sources of mass energy -- they're constantly hating on oil and coal, instead favoring the tepid promise of wind, solar, algae, and the like (err... maybe they just like an underdog?). In more recent years, environmentalists have concentrated their not-inconsiderable rallying and lobbying powers on waging a war against hydraulic fracturing, a.k.a., fracking, the technique of injecting pressurized fluid into the ground to break it up and extract oil and natural gas. Enviros have been whipped into a particular frenzy by this decade-old practice, clucking that it causes groundwater contamination,...
In response to:
There lies the problem, Obama is banking that enough Americans don't know what's going on.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago