In response to:
I, for one, have absolutely no trouble distinquishing a potato from a rock. The rock may be crunchy but it sure ain't "organic". If you've ever raised a garden and grown a singe potato plant, you know how the the potato beetles will just kill your plants. And they're just one of a host of ravenous pests, not to even mention below ground potato worms. Oh, and the things called "blight" that brought all thoses Irish to America. It's silly. What most people like are the "heirloom" veggies since they usually taste better than the ones that are resisitent to the things that destroy crops. Even then, heirlooms like Rutgers tomatoes were "developed" to be resistent to wilt but still taste really great. Like windmills, organic farming is a myth that would, if practised 100%, just mean massive starvation on a scale way beyond Biblical. "Organic food" is the realm of feel gooders, snobs, the Left and the long list of baying at the moon, barking mad, loony greenie tree huggers howling in the forest at the loss of tree cut down to make the home you live in.
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 17 hours ago