I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
Christie is a Bloomberg Republican. He might, just might have been a splinter of the JFK Democrat party but you forgot the single, biggest issue - energy. Christie is a climate change, warmist supporting hugger of the Green's alarmist agenda when he's not out hugging those he worships. If Christie is the bet the GOP can do, then let's just cut to the chase, go on disability and food stamps and become Christie-ians.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014