I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
Christie is a Bloomberg Republican. He might, just might have been a splinter of the JFK Democrat party but you forgot the single, biggest issue - energy. Christie is a climate change, warmist supporting hugger of the Green's alarmist agenda when he's not out hugging those he worships. If Christie is the bet the GOP can do, then let's just cut to the chase, go on disability and food stamps and become Christie-ians.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 6 hours ago