I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
Christie is a Bloomberg Republican. He might, just might have been a splinter of the JFK Democrat party but you forgot the single, biggest issue - energy. Christie is a climate change, warmist supporting hugger of the Green's alarmist agenda when he's not out hugging those he worships. If Christie is the bet the GOP can do, then let's just cut to the chase, go on disability and food stamps and become Christie-ians.
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago