The past year has not been kind to the most potent symbols of climate change hysteria. Consider the polar bears. Among the most moving images of the warmists' warnings was the solitary polar bear, supposedly marooned on an ice floe. The image became iconic after it was published in Science Magazine....
Hey! good show. Sock it to 'em Mona! Al Gore attended a conference years ago in my state for green journalists. A skeptic questioned him on polar bear birth and death rates. Gore went viral that the man asked the questions and the conference hosts pulled the plug on the microphone. Still those images made TV as an unscientific response at the least .
In a better world, debates about science -- and nearly everything else -- would be conducted without resort to demagoguery, sentimentality, cynical manipulation, or hysteria. In the world we inhabit, those tactics are dismayingly routine. Still, the great weakness of overwrought predictions of doom is that they can be checked.
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 15 mins ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 54 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago