So if we raise the payroll tax by 10% that would increase the payroll deduction from 6.2% to 6.8% and all will be well, correct? We can combine that with a phased in 2yr eligibility climb and the dreaded cut in benefits will be deferred for another decade or two and by then, who knows what the demographics will look like. This does not really look like a cliff to me.
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago