So if we raise the payroll tax by 10% that would increase the payroll deduction from 6.2% to 6.8% and all will be well, correct? We can combine that with a phased in 2yr eligibility climb and the dreaded cut in benefits will be deferred for another decade or two and by then, who knows what the demographics will look like. This does not really look like a cliff to me.
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago