Why not just scale the gas tax on the average MPG of the 1993 rate. In other words if it was 30 cents when the average was 25 MPG and now it is 30 mpg just raise it to 35 cents. I guess this is too simple and does not require a whole new bureaucracy.
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 12 hours ago