In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
I find Exiduse 21:22 morally perverse. As far as I'm concerned willfully killing an unborn child should be considered murder. But removing an unborn child and trying to save its life should be legal.
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 48 minutes ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago