In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
I find Exiduse 21:22 morally perverse. As far as I'm concerned willfully killing an unborn child should be considered murder. But removing an unborn child and trying to save its life should be legal.
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago