In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
No. Abortion is not always death. Death s not a prerequisit of abortion. We simply don't criminalize it because there is no moral consensus that a human life is taken by abortions. In fact the Bible claims humanity only begins at birth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 16 hours ago