Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
So is there nobody else who was startled (READ: Scared witless) by the litany of things the Republicans are supposedly willing to give on, while on each and every count the answer is a resounding "NO"? Try reading through some history on the lead-up to WWII and all of the things the appeasement crowd tried to do to avoid war -- all the while turning a blind eye to the continually-worse mass killings and imprisonments perpetrated by the Nazis -- and the broken record of responses by Hitler, either by saying NO each time or by demanding another country be sucked into his precious Reich. Then read again what is happening now with the negotiations between Boehner and B. Hussein Obama, and suddenly the picture attains a new level of clarity.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014