Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
So is there nobody else who was startled (READ: Scared witless) by the litany of things the Republicans are supposedly willing to give on, while on each and every count the answer is a resounding "NO"? Try reading through some history on the lead-up to WWII and all of the things the appeasement crowd tried to do to avoid war -- all the while turning a blind eye to the continually-worse mass killings and imprisonments perpetrated by the Nazis -- and the broken record of responses by Hitler, either by saying NO each time or by demanding another country be sucked into his precious Reich. Then read again what is happening now with the negotiations between Boehner and B. Hussein Obama, and suddenly the picture attains a new level of clarity.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago