It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
It will just lead to more of the non-producers(and I'm not talking about the elderly and genuinely disabled) being supported by the producers. The culture govt reliance has taken over this country.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago