It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Let me try ..... Obamacare sets a minimal standard insurance companies can provide for healthcare policies, ie-no bare bones policies. These are more expensive and most likely higher margin policies. My premium increases the past twelve months attest to the much higher costs. Obamacare requires everyone be insured.....and there you have it. More people covered with higher dollar policies = more revenues and profits for insurance companies. Not that difficult to understand. The problems will arise because it's govt mandated....the unintended consequences, many no one can even anticipate at this point, will rear its ugly heads and help bring the downfall of this once great nation.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago