Their is an excellent article in "The American Conservative" about storytelling and the fact that storytelling in America is the domain of liberals. They tell the stories through books, TV shows, and movies that have shifted public opinion in a leftward direction. Gayness has become mainstrain largely because of Glee, Will and Grace, and Modern Family. These stories made us care about these gay characters. All the political rhetoric in the world could not accomplish as much. Now there are plenty of stories conservatives could tell. It is unclear whether they have the skill to tell them or to move beyond black and white depictions of the human condition. As long as conservatives are disinterested and largely ignorant of our popular culture they will continue to be on the losing end of things.
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago