Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
I am not sure what is wrong with the Tea Party reps in the house. Around 60 TP representatives were elected in 2010 and yet in this years house speakership election, Mr Boehner won easily. In fact, there were only 9 dissenting votes and a handful of abstentions. Where was the Tea Party caucus? Why didn't they vote as a block and support one of their own? This was an important issue and the Tea Party showed they are not a serious player in the house.
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago