You will invariably hear over the coming weeks that our politics are broken because these damned Republicans refuse to compromise on anything. This narrative, to put it bluntly, is a lie. John Boehner reportedly offered hundreds of billions of dollars in new revenues during debt deal negotiations last summer (only to have Obama pull the rug out from under him), as did the GOP contingent on the 'Super Committee.' Democrats shut down that plan, too, then refused to offer a single unified counter-proposal. Sensing that they've backed their opponents into a corner in this dispute, liberals are aggressively...
In response to:
History shows that Democrats cut the military, unemployment rises, countries hate us, and the money "saved" is spent on other feel good programs the democrats create. Then, when republicans take charge, the military gets re-built, unempoyment goes down, and other countries respect us. But they always fail to cut the newly created programs the democrats had started, thus the defecit spending goes on.
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 33 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago